Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default joining plastic drive belts

Hi all

hoping someone will know the answer...
I have bought some reddish/orange hollow drive belting which is intended to
be joined 'in situ' with a small brass joiner. However, when i got it the
dealer was in the process of moving, and didnt have the joiners to hand. (
moved already..). However, the salesguy said that it was possible to join by
melting the ends together with eg, a soldering iron, and in fact this was a
stronger join.

After numerous attempts, i give up at least until i get advice from a higher
authority ( you guys!). I can melt the ends easily enough but it just won't
weld together.

Anyone actually done it? How?

thanks

russ