Posted to misc.consumers.house
Stew

Default GFCI Tripping

On 15 Mar 2006 16:45:59 -0800, "sfaust" wrote:

I really don't think it's a ground. Both wires are white insulated.
The outlets that we took out are ungrounded (2 prong) and I have not
seen any ground wires, that's part of the reason we're putting in the
GFCI's. Also, both of the white wires were connected to the side
terminals on the old outlets, there was no ground screw.

The light is not a dimmer. We will try it in another outlet with GFCI
protection to see if it trips it, we haven't tried that. I do think we
tried other electrical items in that outlet and got the same result
(GFCI trip).

I don't see how it could be a ground, but I'm by no means an expert
here, so if you still think it is please "splain" it a little more

thanks for the help,
Steve

Look I'm definitely no electrical guru so bear with me but could the
GFCI be bad? I know I've heard of them going bad on occasion.