Posted to uk.d-i-y
marble

Default what happens when gas runs out

On 15 Mar 2006 14:14:15 -0800, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

The other viable alternatives are coal. We stopped its production due
to its production cost not its scarcity and vegetable oils which are
about 15 pence after tax for edible quality oil. What less edible stuff
is also available but not considered viable due to having no market at
the moment remains to be seen.

The Malasians and Indonesians are currently clearing 22,000 hectares
of rain forest to grow palm oil to satisfy the demand for bio deisel
created by EU "green" targets. And this when we're being told not to
use tropical hardwoods. The same problem exists with ethanol imported
from Brazil in tankers to this country, so some target or other can be
met.