Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Carpet Crease Problem

Zean,

I have done carpet for a couple of years and learned from a pro. It is
NOT that unusual for carpet to need restretching. However, you can't do
it with a kicker, you will need a power stretcher. The stretch will
need to be made in the opposite direction of the bulge. That will
create one more problem for a special needed tool. When you stretch
there will be some excess on the wall you stretch to. A special cutter
will cut that just right so it can be tucked behind the tack strip just
right. Don't worry about tearing the carpet when you stretch it. Two
things will happen before the carpet can tear. You can over do it and
pull it off the tack strips or you can pull apart of seam (bad news).
Since this requires special tools you might want to consider getting
someone else to do it. But, these tools can be rented. A power
stretcher, wall edge cutter, and a tucker tool is all that is needed.

Zean Smith wrote:
My house is about several years old, the carpet was done by the builder.
Recently I noticed that there is crease on the carpet in the middle of the
room, a long crease all the way from one side to the other. It become more
visible day by day. What caused that? How and what are the tips to fix it?

Help...