Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs

Default SPAM and why do they all seem to use ALL CAPS

In article ,
Cue wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:22:20 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

| Is it because they want it to be easy to spot their SPAM?
|
| --
| Joseph Meehan

Many, perhaps most, email and newsgroup postings have limited
typographic options -- a single font in a fixed size, no italic, no
boldface. The sender has no control over the end result. Spammers want
to grab attention, and think that using all caps is a way to emphasize
the message.

I have no spam filtering except my own D key -- so I get to
see every one.

Never, I think, have I seen one in all caps.

Not in *my* email, at least.

THUS, I tell people who want to email me, to USE
all caps, so I'll know it's NOT spam.

Strange, this email spamming.

David