Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default ATX power supply question

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
I tried holding the power switch down but still no shut down.
And then I took an old p/s that is not a mini and won't fit the box and
plugged it into the mobo and one drive to draw some power.
This supply also came on when the power cord was plugged in and it too
could not be shut down with the power button.
Unless someone has a better idea I am almost convinced that it is a mobo
problem.

Charlie

It certainly sounds like a motherboard problem, did you try my suggestions
like clearing the CMOS?

Have you tried removing all but essential hardware, and have you tested the
memory?

Have a close look at the electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard and
check they aren't domed and/or leaking. Apart from that, there's not much
you can do but replace the motherboard.

Dave