Posted to rec.woodworking
Wilson

Default My own stupid electrical question / filling hole in concrete floor

You should have made him put it back!
WL
"Sailaway" wrote in message
Bugs wrote
snip
Don't use copper water pipe as an electrical ground. The transient
currents can turn the pipe to Swiss cheese.

snip

About fifteen years ago I replaced the house ground and installed a deep
copper grounding rod into the ground water level at my mom's house. I ran
a heavy gage wire to the panel, and disconnected the ground from the water
pipe. This produced a superior ground, and probably saved the pipes, which
were experiencing corrosion from electrolosis.

A few months ago, as my sisters were preparing the house for sale (mom
passed on last year), they hired an electrician to do some work on the
house. What do you think he did? Yup! He removed the earth ground (that
was installed according to code, btw) and placed another ground back on
the water pipe. Having tested the ground every year, there wasn't any
problem with it, so who knows...