Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default pneumatic sabre saw

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:10:18 -0600, Rex B
wrote:

Leo Lichtman wrote:
The question about a pneumatic Saws-all is air
supply. A moderate size portable tank will probably give you less run time
than the batteries. You will need a gasoline powered air compressor. Or,
how about putting two 12v car batteries in series, and cobbling up a
connection to your electric saw?

That's what I was thinking.
I call for a vote: Raise your hand if you think he should use car batteries.

20+ years ago, our 62 year old secretary, who lived in the country and
had a backup 3kw generator to operate their sump pump during power
outages, wanted to prune trees on her ten acre "estate". She took me
up on my suggestion and borrowed my electric chain saw, put the
generator on the trailer behind the riding mower and climbed around in
the trees sawing off selected branches as she went. Just wish I had
been there to take a few pictures to prove that such things do happen
in real life.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada