Posted to uk.d-i-y
al

Default Cavity Wall Insulation - Have I Got It ?

"Glenn Booth" wrote in message
Hi,

"Terence" wrote in message
I have a 7 year old small semi-detached house.

Is there an (easy) way of telling if I have cavity wall insulation?

I had to do just this on my newly bought, extended 1911 'ex-cottage'
just last week. A while ago I rang around for cavity insulation quotes,
and a bloke from "HEAT" finally showed up for my "free survey".

Hmmm ... and I was thinking of letting British Gas come around for their
"free" assessment to do the same. Mine's a 1930's end of terrace and I'm
pretty sure there's nothing in there. Pebbledashed though so no idea if it
was done previously and covered up.

What's the best way to fill such a hole btw? I was thinking expanding foam
filed down followed by some mortar made up to match the pebble dash?