Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Cavity Wall Insulation - Have I Got It ?

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
wrote:
Phil L wrote:
Terence wrote:
I have a 7 year old small semi-detached house.

Is there an (easy) way of telling if I have cavity wall insulation?

The original builders are no longer in existence, and the two
previous owners are not contactable.

if they are green / grey it's rockwool, yellow and they are
fibreglass, white and they are blown fibreglass....if you can feel
something but nothing sticks to the end, it's probably blown-in
polystyrene blocks, made from scrap polystyrene.

So what's best ? I need to insulate as mine are just cavities at the
mo.

They are all basically the same...rockwool is a heavier fill, IE more of
it is used and it's quite dense within the cavity compared to blown white
wool,

Do they still drill a 1" hole in your bricks?