Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany

Default OT-- Any of you guys using a "man purse"?

On 15 Mar 2006 15:43:10 GMT, the renowned Dave Hinz
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:24:12 -0800, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:07:47 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

$100 or so in small bills, other useless pocket litter, a few expired
cards etc.

That's just sad.
So now we're giving scumbags low hanging fruit for what reason again?

I'm guessing that it's a case of "put the real wallet somewhere hard to
get to so they go for the decoy". That said, I'm guessing that werever
it is that they need to think like this, honest people are the only ones
not carrying concealed weapons. Just a guess. Criminals aren't as bold
when they know that their potential victims just might be able to fight
back effectively.

Where? In dangerous foreign countries. NEVER at home.

Last time someone was trying to set me up for an armed robbery, there
were three of them, and I think at least one handgun (probably knives
too). They were not very good at it-- I was with a group talking to
the lead guy who had a bit of English and every time he was talking
directly to me he had a big fake smile with all his bad Cambodian
teeth, but every time I looked away and looked back he was looking at
me like a really hungry dog looks at a steak. Quite unnerving.
Needless to say they tried but failed to get me off to a secluded path
for the robbery to go down (and there were lots of secluded areas).

A businessman recently told me of another kind of setup-- you're
walking along and you see a guy in front of you drop a package. A
stranger beside you goes up and grabs the package. It comes open and
there are wads and wads of cash dollars in there. He suggests you two
go somewhere private and split the money... you can guess the rest.
This guy was honest, and insisted the package be returned, so he got
to keep all his stuff. ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany