Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

Default what happens when gas runs out

"Fray Bentos" wrote in message
k...
how long do you all think we have gas for?

How long is a piece of string? Currently the oil companies are discovering
new reserves of fossil fuels at a much faster rate than the rate at which
their use increases (except for 2005, which had an unusually rapid, but
short lived, increase in the rate of use, so that it just about matched new
finds). In any case, for the foreseeable future, the limitation on how much
fossil fuel is available is not what actual reserves there are in the Earth,
but how much of those it is economic to harvest. As the price rises, so the
technology to access more difficult reserves will become profitable to use
and the recoverable reserves will increase.

When it finally runs out / becomes too expensive / rare , will we be
living
in all-electric homes?

Only if the greenies eventually come to realise that nuclear power is good.

Colin Bignell