Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Best technique to paint a door

wrote in message
oups.com...
I also recommend removing the door and laying flat for painting. It's
by far the best way to do it, but unfortunately not always possible for
exterior doors (I did it once when I had a security storm door already
installed).

Another reason to make a temporary door is that obviously, the one you're
painting has to be flipped over after the first side has cured. I ended up
without the door back in place for 4 days. The temporary door doesn't
necessarily have to be operative. I screwed a piece of 3/4" ply in place and
we used the other door to the house for a few days.