Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

Default What is this called and where can I get them.

try googling "captive nut" as well as T-nut

"mm" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:42:38 GMT, "PipeDown"

wrote:

Try www.rockler.com
www.mcmastercarr.com

Whatever it is, if the center is threaded, you should be able

to tighten it
by temporarily threading a regular screw into it unless it is

reverse

Oh, yeah. I should have thought of that. I feel stupid.

YOu screw another piece of that same threaded stuff in it, put

a fiber
washer on, and then put a nuts on over that. Tighten the nut

and it
will turn the prongless T-nut. Something like that.

I guess I"ve nver done this before, but I did something

remotely
similar, and I should have thought of it.

Thanks.

threaded ir something odd like that.

Sounds like custom hardware.