Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default basement dehumidifier, condensate pump

I've heard that dehum should be about three feet from the floor. Not
sure where I heard that.

The Little Giant condensate pumps I've seen should handle that load,
easily.

Do you have central AC? Makes me wonder if you can include the cellar
air into the air flow, and use t he evaporator from the AC system as
your dehumidifier.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
well summer is coming and that means are three/fourths finished
basement is going to suffer from humidity. i plan on getting a
dehumdifier (50pt model should be enough i hope, 1300sq ft, 7ft
ceiling) but don't want to empty the bucket constantly.

what condensate pumps are recommended that are quiet and reliable?
also, is there any particular place a dehumidifier should be kept
(i.e.
closer to the window, center of the dehumidification area, near the
dryer...)?

the back of the basement is unfinished, there is a washer/dryer and a
sink. i was hoping to run the hose to the sink but it's about 40ft
from
the center of the finished area (if that's the best sopt for the
dehumidifier).

i was looking at little giant pumps but i can't tell the difference
from model to model. hartell maybe?