Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill B

Default My own stupid electrical question / filling hole in concretefloor

As long as the ground is still attached, zero risk. If you disconnect
the ground and there is something bleeding current to ground, it will be
live.

I had a "hot" computer case once. If I touched it, while touching
something grounded I got a heck of a zap. Turned out the extension cord
I was using had the ground broken inside of the male end of the cord.
AC inducts current into nearby conductors real well, so it was loading
the ground wire, no longer connected to a ground, with lots of juice.
Since the case of the computer is directly connected to the ground
lead... Replacing the cord solved the problem.

--
Bill Berglin

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown