Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

Default what happens when gas runs out

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:19:30 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:02:07 GMT Fray Bentos wrote :
When it finally runs out / becomes too expensive / rare , will we
be living in all-electric homes?

Standard tariff electricity is 3-4 times the price of gas per kWh. But
as we build better insulated and better sealed homes that need a lot
less energy and as the price of gas c.h. servicing and repairs goes up
the TCO of electric heating may well become lower than for gas.

Given the huge reliance on of gas fired power generation that will
only happen if we go for nuclear generation in a big way and someone
makes a big breakthrough on waste disposal techniques.

There is another possibility and that is if someone manages to harness
the output of Dr Dribble