Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Carpet Crease Problem

Zean Smith wrote:
My house is about several years old, the carpet was done by the builder.
Recently I noticed that there is crease on the carpet in the middle of the
room, a long crease all the way from one side to the other. It become more
visible day by day. What caused that? How and what are the tips to fix it?

Help...

A good carpet, properly stretched and installed
will never develop a crease. Well almost never,
the walls could move inward and cause a crease.

Seriously, the carpet was not properly stretched
or it is poor carpet. You can try stretching it a
bit more; stretch at right angles to the length of
the crease. But, stretch only a little and very
carefully as you may simply rip the carpet if the
quality is poor or the carpet backing has been
damaged in some way.