Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default OT - IEDs

On 13 Mar 2006 16:53:40 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

How would you approach this problem...any thoughts?

TMT

U.S. Spending Billions to Stop Iraq IEDs By CHARLES J. HANLEY,

The United States is pouring billions more dollars and fresh platoons
of experts into its campaign to "defeat IEDs," the roadside bombs
President Bush describes as threat No. 1 to Iraq's future.

We've done a good job of cleaning out the 'regular rats' that the
amateurs from other countries are running in to try and disrupt the
progress we've made.

The Islamic nations in the area are scared to death that a peaceful
and law-abiding representative form of government might get a toehold
in Iraq - when the terror nations' stated goal since the time of
Mohammed is to spread Islam and Sharia Law across the world, and kill
any infidels who oppose them.

And they won't listen to reason - "Can't we all just get along?"

We could not, can not, and will not 'Cut And Run' - we need to stay
till we get the Iraqis up and running their own country, and they can
root out and capture or kill the terrorists and handle it themselves.

If the Iraqi citizens are convinced that their country is
salvageable, they'll fight for it - they have already formed their own
"Neighborhood Watch" style groups to notify the military of terrorist
activities. And when it's in full swing the Iraqi military will show
up as the bombmakers are planting their device, and send them to meet
Allah a little earlier than planned.

Once the Iraqis have control of the country the IED's should start
to go away on their own, and the surviving terrorists will go back to
Syria Iran and Lebanon (among other places) where they came from.

Like it or not, Saddam was in gross violation of the cease-fire
terms from the "first half" of the Gulf War before the ink on the
agreement was even dry, and we showed incredible restraint in not
going back in there sooner. Now that we've got the *******s out of
power, we have to clean up the mess and not leave a power vacuum.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545