Posted to uk.d-i-y
HandyMart

Default Wood burner with back boiler

I think it's also the only legal way to go with a batch loaded wood
burner.

FECK, are the bar stewards putting "comon sense" regulations on wood
burners now.

Part J isn't it?

As I drove to work I realised I was in error, I have been
"familiarised" with a domestic, batch loaded, pressurised, wood
burning system with a CE mark. I know it cannot legally have been
installed and self certified but I did not see, or ask to see, the
building control officer's certificate ( and I wouldn't know what one
looked like if I were shown one). I'm happy it was fairly safe as it
had the thermal inertia of two tonnes of water to absorb any runaway.

AJH

The proposed wood burner is of the "chuck it in one at a time" variety
and would not be pressurized. Batch loaded is something else I think and
I suspect it's the pressurized aspect that gives rise to regulatory
controls?

Martin