Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs

Default Home vacumn cleaner

In article , "Bob"
wrote:

I need to purchase a new home vacumn cleaner.

After several years, we recently replaced our Oreck. Too much $$ for not
enough power. It is, however, as advertised: Light weight.

However, POWER requires additional weight. I believe there is NO way around
it.

I referenced the latest Consumer Reports and bought their top-rated and/or
best buy - my first Eureka. It was almost half the price of a top-of-the-line
Hoover (done a couple of those over the years). After several months, we're
VERY happy with the cleaner. It does bare floors well. It DOES use a filter
bag and separate HEPA filter. Very nice.
--

JR