Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Landry

Default Multiple switches: which one's out?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 03:23:21 GMT, Bob Landry wrote:

We have a hallway light that is controlled by three different switches. It no longer
works. Strangely, neither does a pantry light that is controlled by yet another
switch (operates by itself, not in line with the other three).

How do I figure out which of the three is the bad one, other than replacing all
three? (I'm guessing that this will fix the pantry light problem as well.)

Bob

All the GFCI's in the house are in the 3 bathrooms, none of which is near any of
these switches, but I will check those; also the breakers.

And then I'll call an electrician, which is kind of where I thought any replies to my
question would go.

Thanks to all who responded.

Bob