Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default house buying scotland

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:38:04 +0000, mcpheed
wrote:

I would love some advice, i bought my house from the local authority 2
years ago under the right to buy scheme. I noticed a leak in the
ceiling in jan and got a roofer in to quote for fixing tile. during
inspection he noticed a number of couples and beams missing in my loft
space. my insurance has paid for a structual survey wich has shown
these beams were never put in and the suports that were are to thin he
is amazed i still have a house an water has seeped through all interior
walls affecting the electrics. my insurance will pay for interior damage
caused by water but no contracter will carry out the work as the roof is
to dangerous. It has been shown that the authority carried out a tempory
repair only done when you are aware there is a problem with the
structure. I know normaly it is buyer beware but should the authority
of told me that there was a structual repair needed.

Just fix the damn thing.

If you don't like the house you could always give it
back to the poor ******* you stole it from in the first place.

You can try to point the finger all you want but in the end your only option
is to repair the roof first then repair the damages done by the water last.

Unless you want it get worse first, fix it yourself then try to sue those
responsible for damages later. Its easier when the actual monitary damages
are known as opposed to trying to get someone to agree to repairs of
unspecified amounts. You may spend just as much effort fighting for
compensation but at least it will be fixed sooner.

Its amazing it ever was certified for occupancy. Someone really covered up
a big mistake during its inspection.