Posted to alt.home.repair
BUGSEY

Default INGLIS WASHER WIZ WANTED: MOTOR TESTING ISSUE

I am looking for help on troubleshooting this Inglis direct drive2
speed washer.
The red wire is line, yellow is neutral. I bought a new motor (used),
my washer spins but no agitation. After testing the red wire what would
be the other line wire to test for the opposite direction. Are these
Inglis motors ever defective and work in one direction only? Am I
correct that the wash and spin cycles are effected with a change of
direction of the motor? Any help would be much appreciated, Richard
Wiring Diagram:
http://www.ripway.com/members/getfil...tr%5Fdia%2Ejpg