Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DE

Default OT - IEDs

On 14 Mar 2006 08:20:16 -0800, JAn Howell
wrote:

In article .com,
Too_Many_Tools says...

How would you approach this problem...any thoughts?

TMT

For an intersting possibility of a tactical partial solution see the following
URL for a directed energy solution:http://www.ionatron.com/default.aspx?id=1

Jan Howell

Very interesting stuff, but the asymmetrical aspect of this
particular situation, makes a technological solution improbable IMO.
I've been told the defense contractors are working hard on
a fix but with nothing so far..

All past successful anti insurgency operations share a number of
similar techniques.

In this case where foreign fighters are the core problem, it is
there where the focus must be aimed. Wacking street level fighters
with a chain gun is satisfying, but I believe it would be better to
snatch them up and find out who is further up in the organization.
And continue up the chain.
They have much more value alive and talking than being a grease
spot on the road...

But first the borders must be secured and that hasn't occurred.
I recall meeting a senior SpecOP guy years ago in SEA as a young
enlisted man and I asked him just exactly what he did. His reply was
that he kicked ass and took names......

The Bush admin. has tried to do this on the cheap and this is what
we got..a mess.....ne easy answers to this ordeal

ED