Posted to alt.home.repair
John Grabowski

Default Breaker Panel....Neutral bus

wrote in message
ps.com...
You can mix grounds and neutrals on a MAIN panel ONLY!

Sub panels they must be seperate!

this directly from a middle group inspector

That may be his interpretation, but in terms of what a particular panel has
been approved for, the label provides the correct information.

Last week I got a call from a customer who was selling her 25 year old
house. The buyer's home inspector noted that the ground wire and the
neutral wire for each circuit were terminated under the same screw. The
buyer wanted that corrected. Upon removal of the cover I noticed that there
weren't enough spare screw terminals for all of the ground wires. I read
the cover label and it said that it was permissible to install up to 3
ground wires under each screw terminal that did not contain a neutral wire.
By doing that, I had plenty of room for all of the ground wires and was able
to keep each neutral wire under a screw by itself.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv