Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default Multiple switches: which one's out?

In article , wrote:
We have a hallway light that is controlled by three different switches. It no
longer
works. Strangely, neither does a pantry light that is controlled by yet another
switch (operates by itself, not in line with the other three).

How do I figure out which of the three is the bad one, other than replacing all
three? (I'm guessing that this will fix the pantry light problem as well.)

No offense meant... but if you imagine that one bad switch has caused
both lights to fail, or that replacing one switch will fix both lights, you
don't even come close to understanding how residential wiring works well
enough to troubleshoot this safely, let alone repair it.

Your first step is to look for a tripped breaker, or a tripped GFCI, and reset
it. If that doesn't solve the problem, you need to call an electrician.

--
Regards,