Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Default Creating a tapered hole -- UPDATE

Norm Dresner wrote:
"David" wrote in message

| The OP's last statement takes the cake! He claims that all the
| suggestions are like taking shotgun to a fly, yet he is talking about
| RTV and molds! A straight hole would have sufficed and he has been told
| that here, repeatedly... remind me never to respond to him if he asks
| another question about ANYTHING.
|
| Dave

Step 1. Drill one hole (1-7/8") with a Forstner bit
Step 2. Take one paint cup and cut it down to ~1/2" high
Step 3. Glue to the bottom of the hole. This completes the mold

Making the holders: Mix 1/2 oz each of 2 chemicals and pour into mold. Wait
4 hours and remove completed holder.

This ain't rocket science. It's simple, The holders are perfectly shaped
every time and because they're rubber they grip the cups.

Of course, there's still one thing I didn't accomplish: Learning how to
drill a tapered hole! LOL

But we'll leave that for the next time I guess.

You were told several ways to cut a tapered hole. Whether you learned
anything from this thread is another question.