Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default Feedback/opinions on CNC router kit idea

Teamcasa (in ) said:

| I all depends on who you plan to market it too. Projected price
| point. Home hobbyist
| Serious home hobbyist
| Small cabinet shop
| Custom cabinet shop
| Production cabinet shop
| Small, medium or large commission furniture/custom woodworking shop
|
| Each has a point the machine will cease to have value.
| For me, I rarely shy from a tool due to its cost/value. That said,
| I want multi router but no matter how extreme I stretch my
| justifications, I can't make it fly. I am planing on making my own
| in the near future.

For this machine, I'd be inclined to cut the list off after the
'custom cabinet shop' entry; and warn that even a small cabinet shop
could make good use of a 48x96 machine - and that if the 48x96 machine
were in place, it would probably suffice.

That's true of the hobbiest market too, but not many hobbiests
can/will spend for the larger machine.

This machine should be just the ticket for learning and/or for small,
intricate work requiring greater precision/repeatability than is
otherwise reasonable.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar