Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default Poll: Feedback/opinions on CNC router kit idea

Sailaway (in ) said:

| nailshooter41 penned the following:
| I think you are correct in wondering that some/many would be
| uncomfortable drilling, shaping, tapping, connecting and any other
| processes that come along in the project might be more than they
| want to tackle. Even if they can do it, they may not want to. A
| lot of folks would rather be working on projects rather than
| building tools.
|
| Maybe they would want some help. I am new at fine woodworking, but I
| love building and repairing machines and tools and is something I
| have experience with. Hey Morris, want a field tech rep to assist
| builders? The software part is, unfortunately, something I do not
| have experience with.
| Personally, I would want a larger cnc router kit than you are
| building.

Everybody will want some help. Everybody will _need_ some help.
Somewhere down the road I may be able to afford a savvy technical
resource; but doday it's just me.

The software part is important. That's what drives the first letter of
'CNC'.

There are larger machines already on the market - check out the
ShopBot for a reasonably-priced larger CNC machine.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar