Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default OT - IEDs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:35:46 GMT, Ignoramus4546
wrote:

Problems occur when you want a docile slave labor force as the
Germans found out. When all you want the land/resources and not
the inhabitants [no need, import Africans, Chinese and Irish to
do the heavy lifting] kill them *ALL* off -- end of problem.
Again this may take some time, possibly 50 or 100 years in Iraq.

Hardly practicable in the modern context.

Which is my point -- if you are unable/unwilling to apply the
only technique that is know to work historically, its time to
p*** on the campfire and go home.

A large part of this analysis was my own conclusions. Which ones
would you like references on?

You mentioned a study performed after WWII. That's what I wanted some
references on.

Now out of print
Antiguerrilla Operations in the Balkans (1941-1944), DA Pamphlet
20-243 (Washington, DC: Dept. of the Army, August 1954).
for used see
http://www.arbutusbooks.com/cgi-bin/...m=1 572492287

Also see scan of typed manuscript same subject different author
http://www.carlisle.army.mil/cgi-bin....pl?docnum=397

Other publications that may be of interest to you

German Anti-Partisan Warfare in Europe: 1939-1945 (Schiffer
Military History)
by Colin D. Heaton ISBN: 0764313959
see http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=0764313959

Unka George
(George McDuffee)

What a country calls its vital economic interests are not
the things which enable its citizens to live, but the things
which enable it to make war. Petrol is more likely than wheat
to be a cause of international conflict.
Simone Weil (1909-43), French philosopher, mystic.
«The Power of Words», in Nouveaux Cahiers (1 and 15 April 1937;
repr. in Selected Essays, ed. by Richard Rees, 1962)