Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Cavity Wall Insulation - Have I Got It ?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:55:59 GMT, Terence
wrote:

|I have a 7 year old small semi-detached house.
|
|Is there an (easy) way of telling if I have cavity wall insulation?
|
|The original builders are no longer in existence, and the two previous
|owners are not contactable.

Drill a hole, with a masonry drill, through the outside skin and see what
comes out. If you can get into the underdrawing, under the ground floor,
look round the air bricks to see if anything is spilling out. The choice
is foam, rockwool or polystyrene boards in the cavity.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are