Mike Henry

Default Spam from Korea

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
Mike Henry wrote:

I'm also not too thrilled with the idea of using Java-based programs.

Why? I'm still sitting on the fence on Java. Can you recommend a book
or on line source for an intro to the language?

I don't really have a good (or at least not a knowledge-based) reason for
not liking Java programs. I'm partly persuaded against them based on DoN's
dislike of Java-script activated on web pages but that probably doesn't have
anything to do with a stand-alone Java program. Then too, I'd guess that a
Java program must suffer at least a little speed loss since I believe that
it is essentially an intrepreted program. That may not make any difference
in actual practice of course. The issue of importing existing Outlook and
OE archives would still be a show-stopper for me, though.