Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

Default Dustmasks - Are they all useless.

"Richard A Downing" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
Having tried a few dustmasks when working with rubble, i can't find
one yet that enables you to breathe easily and keep the dust away.

Has anyone come across any good ones? If so what make are they and
where did you buy them from?

Come to that, how about one that doesn't steam up my glasses?

I'm asthmatic and a spectacle wearer and do a lot of hardwood work
(Hardwood dust can be both irritant and carcinogenic). I've found that
the only really comfortable thing for me is a full-face powered
respirator. I use a Trend, but I would expect that others are as good.
I can work in it for four hours at a stretch without any discomfort,
although you have to learn not to try and scratch and to allow extra
clearance for the head!

R.

And above all ; .... learn not to sneeze!

http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/7/p...ator-21197.htm

--

Brian