Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

Default RCD TRIPS ON MOST CIRCUITS ON NEW SPLIT LOAD CONSUMER UNIT

wrote in message
ups.com...

John Rumm wrote:
KevCompton wrote:

Thanks for all the prompt replies.
I'm 95% sure that I had all the neutrals on the RCD protected neutral
bus bar as I had to swap them over to the non-RCD protected neutral bus
bar to get things working temporarily on the problem circuits. Are
there any other possible reasons?

Some CUs come with a link wire between the neutral bus bars. You need to
remove that when using it as a split load unit.

Hmm, how do you get a neutral feed to it then ? do split CU's have
separate incomers/isolators per side ?

I thought it had a single isolator and separate RCD.

Does it need a dedicated tail per side in this case ?

I can't envisage it as I don't have a split load CU.

Both the live and neutral go *through* the RCD.