Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

Default RCD TRIPS ON MOST CIRCUITS ON NEW SPLIT LOAD CONSUMER UNIT

"KevCompton" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I just installed a new MK Sentry K5686S Split load Consumer Unit and am
having problems with most of the circuits attached to the RCD side of
the consumer unit.

I had four circuits attached to the RCD - Downstairs sockets, upstairs
sockets, garage sockets and the Shower. All of the circuits trip the
RCD apart from the shower. I have temporarily moved these problem
circuits over to the non-rcd side and they are all working fine.

I am suprised that I am having problems, especially with the garage
circuit, as this was only fitted a year ago.

Any ideas on possible causes and how to resolve this problem greatly
appreciated.

You have connected the neutrals to the wrong connecting strip.
The less likely problem is a faulty RCD but then the shower would trip it
too.