Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Bathroom Extractor Fan: Who?

"Saml" wrote in message
I want to replace the light in the walk-in shower with a light/extactor fan
(assuming such things exist.)

Venting will need to run about 5 feet in the attic to an outside wall.

Outside vinyl and whatever is below it will need to have a hole cut into
the attic.

Is this a job for an electrician, a plumber or an HVAC contractor? Seesm
to me there are elements of all three trades.

An electrician or general handyman should be able to handle it.

No water hookup, not a plumber
No furnace or A/C, not a HVAC guy

Best to use flex metal vent pipe instead of vinyl.

Permit usually required, shame for one fixture, permit usually covers a
group of new fixtures. Do you need any other recessed lighting at the same
time?

Fan/light housing must be rated for wet locations.