Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Banes

Default A dado in two passes?

Only downside I've found is the minimal scar left by the scoring blade
in the dado. As few people see the inside cut of a dado after assembly
(one hopes!), not a real issue. I often just use a 1/4 dado set up
'cause I've cut a ZC insert to match that size and just bump the fence
as you did. Sometimes tho' those little magnetic spacers save thge day
with off-size ply. Heck, some of that stuff isn't even a reasonable
metric size to 2 decimal positions! I mean like 18.7 mm! That's close
to 47/64 but not quite at it. It's sure not 23/32.

Tom

Beware the lazy man, he'll find a better way (Lazarus Long)

Is there a downside to this method I am not seeing? If not, I will do all
my dados this way.
Thanks.