Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

Default Fridge starting to make noise

"Sasha" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I've a GE refridgerator that's no more than 10 years old. Lately it's
started making some noise. I guess I'd desribe it as sometimes sounding
like a noisy fan but occasionally making a clattering noise.

We're thinking about having someone out to look at it but as it doesn't
ALWAYS make the noise we're not sure if it makes sense to pay for
someone to come out and not be able to do anything if it's not making
the noise at the time.

Any idea what this noise might be?

I'm having a similar problem today. I'll be interested to see what the
answers to your query might be.
0

Most likely one of the fans. You can, no matter what others say, oil them.
First you need to find out if it's in the freezer or under the refrigerator.
If it is a fan, let me know which one and I'll walk you through oiling it.

On most of these units the fan in the freezer goes off when you open the
door. Makes it easy to see if that where the noise is coming from.

Al