Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

Default What is this called and where can I get them.

"mm" wrote in message
At a friend's house and she had a footstool assembled with what I
might call headless knobs, or screw-on rivets. They use a piece of
the threaded rod that are used for drawer knobs, in the middle, and on
each end was like a knob except that almost all of it was missing.
Just something like a rivet with a threaded hole in the middle, that
goes all the way through. The shaft is maybe 3/8" and the head is
maybe 1/2" or a little more and only a couple millimeters high, and
the whole thing is 1/2 long.

What do you call these things?

The current ones are brown, probably brown metallic.

Can I buy them at HD or a hardware store, or do I have to look on the
web?

This footstool matches some of the other furniture, all of which is in
v.good condition.

Check the hardware store in the aisle with the pull out boxes full of odd
items. Hillman is the distributor that services most of the stores around
N. Ill. I've seen what you are talking about but can't remember the name.
I believe they were in the box labeled "furniture hardware"..

Tom G.