Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

Default Will my luck hold out? Gloat???!!

On 13 Mar 2006 05:26:57 -0800, "Moshe Eshel" wrote:

Cross your fingers for me... This is turning stock for a long time, the
grain patterns of an old,old tree should be something amazing. I will
update tonight again.

Moshe,

Olive is a beautiful, aromatic wood to turn, finishes beautifully and
_checks like crazy_!! So, make sure you split the pith out and end
coat it, ASAP. I've acquired and turned both California and African
olive, and like any other fruit tree, the wood is beautiful, but is
sometimes heartbreakingly unstable.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com