Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default A tree question - Pomelo

Hi Moshe,
In Florida the Pomelo is known as a Shaddock. I once lived on Shaddock
St. in Tarpon Springs. a town in the citrus area so your post interests
me. The fruit is more pear shaped, larger and sweeter than a grapefruit
which IIRC, is a cross between a shaddock and an orange. I know that
Shaddocks grow in Southern Caleeefornia so maybe some Western turners
will respond re turning Pomelo.

I've never knowingly turned Shaddock, but I would imagine it is much
like grapefruit which I have turned. That cuts nicely, and although
bland is a homogenous milky white color, not unattractive.

I think you will enjoy turning Pomelo and it will give you a chance to
concentrate on form instead of flash. Follow up and let us know.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter