Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Creating a tapered hole -- UPDATE

Seems you're going to an awful lot of trouble. You never did explain, what
is wrong with a strait hole? Itll hold the cups just fine.
"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
After much consideration, I finally decided to try out the new RTV casting
stuff I have. I'm going two ways:

1. I made a negative mold with a bottom section of a cup upside down in a
cylindrical hole. I'm going to pour RTV into this and use the rubber
directly as a holder for the cups.

2. I took some Sculpey clay formed a base and then drove the bottom of

the
cup into it to form the master from which I'll pour RTV to make new molds.

Assuming none of this works, I'll probably take a few used cups, cut them
down, and glue them onto a plywood base which I'll use as holders for new
cups.

I'd love to have actually been able to drill a tapered hole into a block

of
wood but it's really infeasible and most of the other suggestions are sort
of like taking a shotgun to a fly.

Thanks for all the brainpower that went into this.

Norm