Wild Bill

Default OT, Sorta-LED flashlights...

You can still see strobing on moving parts in flourescent lighting.. a VCR
head will show a strobe effect while playing a tape. Most folks use their
VCRs with the cover on, but service literature often referred to the
strobing as a visual indication that the head/drum speed was correct.

WB

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

I remember a public school shop teacher telling me maybe 50 years ago to

watch
out for strobing of spinning machinery parts under fluorescent lamps, but

I can't
say I've ever noticed the effect. Maybe the phosphors used in today's

lamps have
longer persistance than those in the early ones.

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can keep smiling when things go wrong, you've thought of someone

to place
the blame on."