Posted to uk.d-i-y
neil

Default Handyman Chronicles

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi All
Still struggling with the horrendous cost of advertising. snip
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Just a thought ...
how about schools ?
I know that most of them have caretakers who do most little jobs,
and some have favourite contractors, but it might be worth calling in and
leaving something like a pen or fridge magnet with the phone number on with
the secretary. There might be jobs from other staff (teachers, LSAs) some
of the parents. Teachers might be interested in work at weekend, since it
can be difficult for a teacher to get a day off to supervise.
The idea of a free day's work would be bound to appeal to financially hard
pressed (i.e. all) schools, and if your van is in the school at home-time
lots of parents will see it - and might ask the secretary about you later.
I work at BAE which I think is in your catchment area ... if you'd like to
drop a couple of business cards in to me (Neil Chatfield, care of Hilary or
Kay in Reception) I could pin them to some of the notice boards around the
site. There are already some similar cards, but you never know...
hth
Neil