Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Water Problem Questions

Sacramento Dave wrote:
You haven't answered the Question or I missed something . Are you getting
water threw the cracks? Water in a crawl is not uncommon. Getting engineers
and soil experts won't solve the problem will eliminate any residual cash
laying around. Most likely builder is incorporated can just close shop,
start a new CO. new name. your talking years of legal cost. Main question
What is the ground water hurting ? Not the concrete

Water through the crack would be pressure relief. If there is water
under the foundation then he may eventually get the foundation to heave
and water to enter. He shouldn't wait until that happens to decide he
has a problem.

So far his cracks look normal. They look hairline in the pictures which
is for me nothing to be alarmed about. Unlike the cracks in my basement
floor which are about 1/8" wide.

Get professional evaluation now. I think engineer is good choice. If
you ask one of those basement waterproofing folks that are capable of
doing the repair they are guaranteed to claim they find all kinds of water.

I dont personally have a problem drilling a hole in the floor. My
basement has 3 pipes layed and the vapor barrier was broken for each.
Its only going to be a problem if your water is high. And if your water
is high you should get a sump anyway. Then there is also Radon..

--
Thank you,