Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Poll: Feedback/opinions on CNC router kit idea

Just personally, I think it would matter how technical the work would
be before I would jump into a kit like that. It doesn't sound too bad
the way you describe it.

So that would lead to the age old question: what is the value of the
completed machine compared to the finished machine? If the kit only
saves me 25%, I would probably rather have you build and most
importantly WARRANT your work. That would certainly be easier on both
of us than endless frutrating phone calls back and forth only to find
that the instructions were correct, the assembly was correct, but one
of the parts was defective.

I think you are correct in wondering that some/many would be
uncomfortable drilling, shaping, tapping, connecting and any other
processes that come along in the project might be more than they want
to tackle. Even if they can do it, they may not want to. A lot of
folks would rather be working on projects rather than building tools.

Robert

What are your target price parameters on this?