Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob

Default Stupid Electronics question

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 13 Mar 2006 03:02:33 -0800, "Leon" wrote:

Should have said: the DC voltage across the capacitor will be about 1.4
x 110 V. I'd get a 200 V one.

Leon

Yes of course. That much I knew...G

Ive got some big assed caps in cans...600 vots, 15,000 mfd if I
recall, but Ill have to check. I found out they were too high a value
for balancing caps for an RPC..so they are sitting on the shelf.

Too much?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Gunner are the caps bipolar (ie for AC)? I'm note sure but I think you may
have to derate the max voltage value for DC use. Someone over at
sci.elec.design will know.

No warranties but after checking the voltage rating I'd try the caps. The
average voltage output may increase. The higher capacitance value may also
result in more inrush current when you first turn it on and charge the caps.
A slow blow fuse may help with this.

rob