Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hearn

Default Quiet pump for gravity hot water

Christian McArdle wrote:
So, can anyone recommend a very quiet pump suitable to increase the hot
water flow to taps.

I've heard that the Grundfos Home Booster UPA 15/90 is quieter than most. No
direct experience of it, though.

Christian.

Thanks for that - sounds like the sort of thing I might be after.

Looking at the specs, it says: "Typically adds between 0.5 bar and 0.75
bar pressure to the existing inlet pressure".

Any idea what that means in practice? Our house is a 1930's semi with
quite high ceilings. Cold tank is in loft across joists (not raised).
Hot tank is on 1st floor, on the floorboards. Bathroom sinks are on
same floor as hot tank (with all hot pipework running through
floorboards). Kitchen sink is on ground floor.

I don't remember the heights of the ceilings etc - but 2m might be about
right. This therefore means I might have 1.5m head (from cold tank to
tap) in bathroom and maybe 3.5m of head in kitchen.

I don't know what the conversion is between metres of head and bar, and
therefore whether 0.5 to 0.75 bar increase is significant.

Thanks