Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard A Downing

Default Zanussi washer dryer - repair or replace?

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On 13 Mar 2006 02:57:21 -0800, wrote:

My zannusi washer/dryer I bought in 1998 for about £500.

Been reading "Which?" magazine? Save yourself a fortune, cancel your
subscription. Try this experiment: read a review about an item you
know something about. Total ******** right? Now extrapolate.

When buying a washing machine you should either buy an AEG, or the
cheapest one you can find. Both will cost the same in the long run.

I agree about 'Which'. But AEG isn't all it's cracked up to be. I just
scrapped a 15 year old one (worked fine but made a lot of noise - this
might have something to do with living it's life in my workshop) and am
continuing with a 20 year old Phillips (that works perfectly, and
quietly, except that it won't add fabric softener in the rinse).

I think the ideal thing would be to buy a new AEG or Phillips from 15
years ago, but I can't quite work out how to do that

R.